- ‘Wherever You Go, There You Are’ by Jon Kabat-Zinn.
- ‘The Miracle of Mindfulness’ by Thich Nhat Hanh.
- ‘Practicing Mindfulness’ by Matthew Sockolov.
- ‘Self-Compassion’ by Kristin Neff.
- ‘Unf*ck Your Brain’ by Faith G.
How do I train myself to be mindful?
- Pay attention. It’s hard to slow down and notice things in a busy world.
- Live in the moment. Try to intentionally bring an open, accepting and discerning attention to everything you do.
- Accept yourself. Treat yourself the way you would treat a good friend.
- Focus on your breathing.
What are the three mindful practices?
To listen mindfully to another person, stop doing anything else, breathe naturally, and simply listen, without an agenda, to what is being said. If thoughts about other things arise, gently let them go and return to the speaker’s words.
How can I be more mindful everyday?
- Practice gratitude.
- Check in with your body.
- Pay attention to your heart.
- Fire up your five senses.
- Practice the centering exercise.
- Focus on your breath.
- Observe your thoughts.
- Mindful eating.
Which Jon Kabat Zinn book is best?
Kabat-Zinn’s work has gained a strong following, and he was once featured on a Bill Moyers special on PBS entitled Healing and the Mind. Kabat-Zinn is married to Myla Zinn, the daughter of activist and historian Howard Zinn.
How Much Is The Mindfulness App?
The app is free, but users can pay to upgrade to “Premium”, which offers specialized guided meditations, courses, and challenges for purchase to target a specific symptom (i.e., sleep quality, stress, etc). This premium membership will cost users $9.99/month or $59.99/year.
Mindful Wonders Read Aloud | Books with Miss B | Storytime
Dan Harris – Mindfulness, Meditation and Happiness
What Does It Mean to be Present? | Mindfulness for Kids