17 awards for literature are awarded annually, including the Arthur Rense Prize and the Thornton Wilder Prize for Literary Translation.
How many literature awards are there?
The Academy’s purpose is to foster and sustain an interest in Literature, Music, and the Fine Arts by identifying and encouraging individual artists. 17 awards for literature are awarded annually, including the Arthur Rense Prize and the Thornton Wilder Prize for Literary Translation.
What awards does English literature give?
- Sahitya Akademi Best book in English/ Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar/Bal Sahitya Puraskar.
- JCB Prize for Literature.
- Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay New India Foundation Book Prize.
- The DSC Prize for South Asian Literature.
Which is the third highest literary award in India?
- Established – 1954.
- Awarded by – Sahitya Akademi, Govt. of India.
- First Awardees complete list.
Who got Sahitya Oscar?
Sahitya Akademi Award 2021 – Namita Gokhale received the award for her novel ‘Things to Leave Behind’ and Anuradha Sarma Pujari for her Assamese novel ‘Iyat Ekhan Aaronya Asil’.
How many literature awards are there in India?
50 Literary Awards in India.
Which award is highest in world?
Nobel Prize is the most coveted and prestigious international award for intellectual achievement in the world. This prestigious award is available in various fields like medicine, physics, literature, peace, economics and also chemistry.