- 1.1 Red Dragon (1981)
- 1.2 The Silence of the Lambs (1988)
- 1.3 Hannibal (1999)
- 1.4 Hannibal Rising (2006)
What order should you read Hannibal books?
- Book 1. Red Dragon. Thomas Harris Jan 06, 2009 (first published in 1981)
- Book 2. The Silence of the Lambs. Thomas Harris Feb 15, 1991 (first published in 1988)
- Book 3. Hannibal. Thomas Harris May 23, 2000 (first published in 1999)
- Book 4. Hannibal Rising. Thomas Harris May 29, 2007.
Can I read Silence of the Lambs?
Each book can be read as a stand-alone, but I suggest that you read them in order. That makes it much easier to follow the family relationships that are referenced in the books and to keep track of the other characters.
Can I read Silence of the Lambs before Red Dragon?
Aside from a few brief references to Francis Dolarhyde and Will Graham, the contents of Red Dragon are not really mentioned nor are they needed to understand/enjoy The Silence of the Lambs.
Do I need to watch Silence of the Lambs before Hannibal?
And finally, if you want to watch the Hannibal movies in production order, then this is the best order to follow: Manhunter (1986) The Silence of the Lambs (1991) Hannibal (2001)
What is the order of the Hannibal Lecter trilogy?
Is Silence of the Lambs scary?
This movie is very scary, but not in the usual jump-scare way that many horror movies tend to be. However, there are some scenes where the murders are shown, which may be difficult to see for people with a fear of blood.
Hannibal by Thomas Harris #BookReview