Christian fiction is a formidable segment of the religion and spirituality category, but no one knows just how big it really is. Steve Oates, v-p of marketing for the Bethany House unit of Baker Publishing Group, says that based on industry data, he estimates the market to be in the $75 million–$85 million range.
How do you market Christian fiction?
- ONE: Don’t be afraid to go social. You’ve probably heard about the benefits of a well-developed social media campaign before.
- TWO: Find those niche bookstores.
- THREE: Break out the press release!
- FOUR: Craft original content for your blog.
How do you promote religious books?
9 Other Websites to Promote Christian Books: – Beacon Ads: http://beaconads.com (many popular Christian websites offer advertising here) CrossReads: An online community where Christian readers and authors meet. They offer paid advertising opportunities here: http://crossreads.com/advertising-options/
Is there a market for Christian books?
The Christian market is a $1.2 billion market, around 10% of the broader US publishing market. Christians buy more books and spend more money on books than the average reader. This explains why the big publishers have bought out many of the independent presses in this area.
How do I sell my devotional book?
- Pray and ask God for direction.
- Choose a Format to Present Devotional.
- Target Audience.
- Keep it short and simple yet impactful.
- Build an author platform.
- Research steps for publishing your devotional.
- Decide when you will launch your devotional.
How many Bibles are sold per year?
In the 21st century, Bibles are printed at a rate of around 80 million per year.
How much do Christian fiction writers make?
|Job Title||Average Salary||Company Name|
|Assistant Chief of Fire||$103,847||American Christian Fiction Writers|
|Full-time Server||$22,024||American Christian Fiction Writers|
|Maintenance I – Housekeeper||$57,245||American Christian Fiction Writers|
|FT Utility Aide- Dishwasher||$169,776||American Christian Fiction Writers|
Is fiction writing profitable?
One of them is that fiction writing is not profitable. Here’s how it works: an author decides to publish their own book. They work really hard to write what they feel is the perfect book and self-publish it on Amazon. They even try to do a little bit of marketing to boost the sales of the book.
How do I get a fiction book published?
- Edit and proofread. One or two typos won’t sink your career, but a bevy of them will make you look unprofessional.
- Identify a target audience for your book.
- Identify potential agents.
- Submit your book proposal.
- Submit directly to a publisher.
How much do devotional writers make?
The Quiet Hour—They publish Christian devotionals and writers are assigned contracts for 7 devotionals per quarter. They pay new writers $115 per quarter. Writers have the opportunity to earn more once they become established within the magazine. Each devotional is 145 – 175 words.
Do Christian books sell?
Competition is why about 300 Christian bookstores are closing their doors each year. Fortunately for Christian publishers, Christian books now sell virtually everywhere.
“Fiction and Children’s Publishing for the Inspirational Market …
98. Should Christian Creators Abandon Secular Fiction …
The Christian Publishing Market With Jeremy Bouma