- Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness.
- The Secrets Act by Alison Weatherby.
- The Midwich Cuckoos by John Wyndham.
- Every Line of You by Naomi Gibson.
- Lionheart Girl by Yaba Badoe.
- Maladapted by Richard Kurti.
- Are You There God?
- Hatchet by Gary Paulsen.
What books do you study in year 10?
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness.
- Grow by Luke Palmer.
- We Are All Made of Molecules by Susin Nielsen.
- 13 minutes: A Novel by Sarah Pinborough.
- Paper Butterflies by Lisa Heathfield.
- Every Day by David Levithan.
- Rose Sees Red by Cecil Castellucci.
Should I revise for Year 10 mocks?
Year 10 mock exams are designed to prepare you for your final Year 11 exams. They will be used to inform end of Year 10 predicted grades in each subject. These exams are very important and you should revise for each subject thoroughly, before the exam takes place.
How many books do you study for GCSE English literature?
All students studying GCSE English will be expected to read at least five books from this list, or their equivalent, over the two years of the course as well as the texts set for the examinations.
What do year 10 scientists learn?
Students study basic chemistry, physics, biology, geology, and a topic on space. Typically, chemistry, physics and biology are divided between Year 9 and Year 10, so that students will likely continue their study of these topics in Year 10.
How do you revise for GCSE year 10?
- Create a Revision Timetable.
- Take Regular Study Breaks.
- Use Mind Maps to Connect Ideas.
- Understand Your Learning Style.
- Practice, Practice, Practice.
- Collaborate with Classmates.
- Variety is the Spice of Life!
- Day of Your GCSE Exam.
How much revision do you get in year 10?
GCSE students (year 10 or 11) = 1.5 hours per subject per week. E.g. if they’re studying 10 subjects this will be 15 hours per week. A Level students (years 12 and 13) = 4-6 hours per subject per week. E.g. if they’re studying 3 subjects in year 12, this might be 12 hours per week.
How do I get my teenage son interested in reading?
- Check out – and value — what your teens enjoy reading.
- View the kind of reading your teen enjoys as a bridge to other kinds of reading.
- Read aloud to your teen, or listen to audio books together.
- Create family time to read.
What is the most popular exam board for GCSE English literature?
The more commonly used examination boards are AQA, OCR and Edexcel. In the UK, several examination boards can set and award education qualifications.
What books do you study in English?
- The Great Gatsby, by F.
- The Picture of Dorian Gray, by Oscar Wilde.
- Wuthering Heights, by Emily Brontë
- 1984, by George Orwell.
- Great Expectations, by Charles Dickens.
- The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini.
- Emma, by Jane Austen.
- The Lord of the Rings, by J. R. R. Tolkien.
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep age appropriate?
|Product dimensions:||5.51(w) x 7.93(h) x 0.94(d)|
|Age Range:||14 Years|
What is taught in 9th grade literature?
Ninth Grade Literature and Composition is an overview of exemplar selections of literature in fiction and nonfiction genres. Students read short stories, poems, a full-length novel, and a full-length Shakespeare play, analyzing the use of elements of literature in developing character, plot, and theme.
Dear year 9………….
10 Books EVERY Student Should Read
School Study Tips – Set your Goals to get the Grade 9 or A