What is Lois Lowry most popular book?
1. The Giver. The Giver is Lowry’s best-known novel. It’s considered, as most of her books are, part of the YA, or young adult genre.
How many books did Lois Lowry write in total?
Lois Lowry is an American author who has written more than 30 children’s books. She was awarded Newbery Medals for Number the Stars and The Giver.
How many copies of The Giver have been sold?
Many have been wildly popular, but The Giver has been Lowry’s greatest success. It’s sold more than 12 million copies and has been adapted into a play, a musical and an opera.
What is the order of Lois Lowry books?
LOIS LOWRY — SERIES READING ORDER (SERIES LIST) — IN ORDER: THE GIVER, GATHERING BLUE, MESSENGER, SON, BLESS THIS MOUSE, THE BIRTHDAY BALL, GOSSAMER, THE SILENT BOY, NUMBER THE STARS & ALL OTHERS! Kindle Edition. Find all the books, read about the author, and more.
What are the most important characters in The Giver?
- Jonas. The eleven-year-old protagonist of The Giver.
- The Giver. The old man known in the community as the Receiver of Memory.
- Jonas’s father. A mild-mannered, tenderhearted Nurturer who works with infants.
- Jonas’s mother.
What is Lois Lowry most famous for?
Lois Lowry is a popular children’s book author responsible for such critically acclaimed titles as ‘The Giver’ and ‘Number the Stars. ‘
Did Lois Lowry like The Giver movie?
Lowry, however, likes the film. She especially approves the expanded role of the Chief Elder, who is a relatively minor character in the book. “The movie made much more complex the character of the Chief Elder,” Lowry said, according to The Washington Post.
Which of Lowry’s books was about the death of her sister?
In her first novel, A Summer to Die, Lowry portrays an adolescent’s struggle with her older sister’s illness and eventual death.
What is a meaningful quote from Lois Lowry?
The life without colour, pain or past.” “It is much easier to be brave if you do not know everything.” “They were satisfied with their lives which had none of the vibrance his own was taking on. And he was angry at himself, that he could not change that for them.”
What are 2 interesting facts about Lois Lowry?
- Lois Lowry was born March 20, 1937 in Hawaii.
- Her father was an army dentist so the family traveled all over the world.
- She has written over 20 novels.
- Lois Lowry has won the Newberry Medal twice, once for Number the Stars and a second time for The Giver.
|Genre||Children’s literature, fantasy|
|Notable works||The Giver Number the Stars|
What two memorable characters did Lois Lowry create?
- Jonas. Jonas, the protagonist, is an eleven year-old boy at the beginning of the book.
- The Giver. The Giver, known in the community as the Receiver of Memory, already knows what Jonas will discover.
- Jonas’s father.
- Jonas’s mother.
How many pages are in the giver?
|Product dimensions:||5.40(w) x 8.20(h) x 0.70(d)|
|Age Range:||12 – 17 Years|
What are some quotes from the giver?
- “If you were to be lost in the river, Jonas, your memories would not be lost with you.
- “For the first time, he heard something that he knew to be music.
- “I feel sorry for anyone who is in a place where he feels strange and stupid.”
- “Our people made that choice, the choice to go to Sameness.
Does Lois Lowry have any pets?
Lowry: I do have a dog. Whelan: And what is your dog’s name? Lowry: My dog’s name is Alfie because when I got him I discovered from the breeder that his mother’s name had been Georgie Girl. You’re too young perhaps to put these two things together in your mind.
What is Lois Lowry first book?
Lois Lowry’s first children’s book, A Summer to Die, was published in 1977. In 1979 Lowry finished Anastasia Krupnik, the story of a quirky 10-year-old girl who wants to become a writer. During the 1980s, Anastasia reappeared in numerous books.