Absolutely read the original Thrawn Trilogy first. Timothy Zahn (the author of the series), recommends you do so. Start with Heir to the Empire, then move swiftly on to Dark Force Rising and then finally, enjoy The Last Command.
What is the order of Timothy Zahn books?
- Publication Order of Cobra Books. Cobra. (1985) Hardcover Paperback Kindle. Cobra Strike. (1986)
- Publication Order of The Sibyl’s War Books. Pawn. (2017) Hardcover Paperback Kindle. Knight. (2019)
- Publication Order of Star Wars: Thrawn Books. Thrawn. (2017) Hardcover Paperback Kindle. Alliances. (2018)
Which Timothy Zahn books are canon?
Since his first appearance in Timothy Zahn’s 1991 novel Heir to the Empire, Thrawn has become one of the franchise’s best-known characters, and recently made the leap back into canon status by appearing in Star Wars Rebels and a handful of new companion novels.
What order should I read the Thrawn books in Reddit?
- Choices of One.
- The Thrawn Trilogy (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command)
- The Hand of Thrawn Duology.
- Outbound Flight (chronologically, this one comes first. However, I’d recommend reading it after the book Survivor’s Quest, which is after The Hand of Thrawn Duology)
How many Star Wars books are there altogether?
And that’s not including the comics! Over 40 Star Wars novels have been published since 2014 alone, meaning the collection of Canon stories making up the Expanded Universe is growing faster than ever.
Who kills Yoda?
What killed Yoda was Luke Skywalker. That might sound crazy on the surface, but Luke was a lot like Anakin. Yoda knew Anakin held two things that led to the dark side: Emotional attachments.
How can I read the new Star Wars books?
The best way to read the Star Wars books in order is by following the chronological order. The story starts all the way back more than 20,000 years before A New Hope, although there are books that exist that are written more than a few hundred years in the past.
Where should you start reading Star Wars books …
Star Wars – The Thrawn Trilogy (Spoiler-Free)