- All Over But the Shoutin’ by Rick Bragg. Because of the rough childhood in a rural Southern town theme.
- Bull Mountain by Brian Panowich.
- My Southern Journey by Rick Bragg.
- The Great Santini by Pat Conroy.
- The Shore by Sara Taylor.
- This Dark Road to Mercy by Wiley Cash.
What should I read if I like Pat Conroy?
- John Irving. John Winslow Irving was born in Exeter, New Hampshire, in 1942.
- Alice McDermott. Alice McDermott’s eighth novel, The Ninth Hour, was published by Farrar, Straus & Giroux in September 2017.
Who wrote Conroy?
|Born||Donald Patrick ConroyOctober 26, 1945 Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.|
|Died||March 4, 2016 (aged 70) Beaufort, South Carolina, U.S.|
Where is Pat Conroy buried?
St Helena Memorial Gardens, Saint Helena Island, SC
Where did Pat Conroy go to college?
When did Pat Conroy graduate from the Citadel?
After graduating from The Citadel with an English degree in 1967, Conroy returned to Beaufort, S.C., where he had lived with his family during his teenage years, to teach. As his career as an author flourished, he became estranged from his alma mater for years, but was eventually invited back on numerous occasions.
How many books did Pat Conroy sell?
His books sold more than 20m copies worldwide, but for much of his youth he crouched in the shadow of Donald Conroy, who “thundered out of the sky in black-winged fighter planes, every inch of him a god of war,” as Pat Conroy would remember.
When was Pat Conroy born?
Donald Patrick Conroy was born on Oct. 26, 1945, in Atlanta. Because of his father’s career, the family moved constantly, and Pat attended 11 schools in 12 years before an assignment to the Marine Corps Air Station in Beaufort brought stability.
The Death of Santini by Pat Conroy – Audiobook Excerpt
Places That Belong To You”- (The Prince Of Tides)
Pat Conroy, The Water is Wide