- Northern Lights read by Philip Pullman and Ruth Wilson (2021)
- The Subtle Knife read by Philip Pullman (2021)
- The Amber Spyglass read by Philip Pullman (2021)
- La Belle Sauvage: The Book of Dust Volume One (2018)
- The Secret Commonwealth read by Michael Sheen (2019)
- Lyra’s Oxford illustrated by Christopher Wormell (2021)
What do you read after the Northern Lights?
- The Invisible Library, by Genevieve Cogman.
- Arcadia, by Iain Pears.
- Doomsday Book, by Connie Willis.
- The Library of the Unwritten, by A.J. Hackworth.
- La Belle Sauvage, by Philip Pullman.
- The Magician’s Nephew, by C.S. Lewis.
- A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeleine L’Engle.
What order should I read the Pullman books in?
- Once Upon a Time in the North.
- The Collectors.
- La Belle Sauvage.
- The Golden Compass.
- The Subtle Knife.
- The Amber Spyglass.
- Lyra’s Oxford.
Is the book of dust a prequel?
Rather than a prequel or a sequel to His Dark Materials, Philip describes The Book of Dust as an ‘equel’ – a new story that stands beside his previous trilogy. 7. Like His Dark Materials, the series will be released in three parts.
Where does The Golden Compass take place?
The Golden Compass takes place in a parallel world where human souls are embodied with animals called daemons. The main character in The Golden Compass is the young orphan girl Lyra who lives in Jordan College in Oxford where she is cared for and schooled by the professors of the College.
What order should I read the Crave series in?
The Crave series is best enjoyed in order: Crave (book 1), Crush (book 2), Covet (book 3), and Court (book 4). Available November 8, 2022: Charm, the missing four months of time between Crave and Crush, can be enjoyed anytime after reading Crave. Available May 30, 2023: Cherish.
Should I read Crave?
I think we’ve well and truly established the fact that I am still trash for vampire fiction. But, and to my exasperation, Crave is not a very good book. There is nothing original or ground breaking in its flimsy plot, it’s isolated boarding school setting or trope-riddled characters.
What to read if you loved Little Fires Everywhere?
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty.
- Devotion by Madeline Stevens.
- Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane.
- Tangerine by Christine Mangan.
- The Leavers by Lisa Ko.
- The Best of Adam Sharp by Graeme Simsion.
Is Northern Lights a children’s book?
It wasn’t a book for children at all, it was a book about children, for everyone: so beautifully, elegantly written, so imaginative and exciting, and so delicately insightful about what it means to be a human being. Lyra, the gyptians, Iorek, Lee Scoresby…
Why did they change Northern Lights to The Golden Compass?
By the time Pullman had replaced The Golden Compasses with His Dark Materials as the name of the trilogy, the US publisher had become so attached to the original title that it insisted on publishing the first book as The Golden Compass rather than as Northern Lights, the title used in Britain and Australia.
Speedy Read #9 of Northern Lights by Phillip …
Speedy Reads #11 of Northern Lights by Phillip Pullman & read
His Dark Materials Readalong 1: Northern Lights