- City of Orange, David Yoon (May 24)
- Either/Or, Elif Batuman (May 24)
- You Made a Fool of Death With Your Beauty, Akwaeke Emezi (May 24)
- Happy-Go-Lucky, David Sedaris (May 31)
- Yerba Buena, Nina LaCour (May 31)
- Counterfeit, Kirstin Chen (June 7)
What should I read the summer before college?
- #1 – The Last Lecture.
- #2 – Daring Greatly.
- #3 – 175+ Things to Do Before You Graduate College.
- #4 – We Are Okay.
- #5 – A Starter Guide to College for Clueless Students & Parents.
- #6 – We Should All Be Feminists.
- #7 – The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
- #8 – The Group: A Novel.
What books look good on a college application?
- Evicted by Matthew Desmond.
- The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander.
- Several Short Sentences About Writing by Verlyn Klinkenborg.
- The Vanishing Neighborhood by Marc J.
- Slouching Towards Bethlehem by Joan Didion.
- Quiet by Susan Cain.
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
What should I do my freshman year of college?
- Go to a football game or school sporting event.
- Join a club or Greek life.
- Try every dining hall on campus.
- Start a study group.
- Explore the nearest big city.
- Attend office hours for every professor.
- Participate in a large lecture.
- Find one professor that can be a mentor to you.
How do you read summer readings?
- Start the day with newspaper reading;
- Read under the stars together right before bedtime;
- Plan reading lunches where one person reads aloud from his or her book of choice during the mid-day meal;
Should kids read every day during the summer?
Summer reading is critical to a child’s ability to not only retain information learned the previous year, but also to grow in knowledge and critical thinking skills for the coming year.
How do you finish a summer reading in one day?
How to finish your summer reading fast!
How do I motivate my child to read in the summer?
- Schedule Reading Time. Set aside a special reading time each day.
- Set a Library Day.
- Participate in a Summer Reading Program…
- Read Aloud.
- Tie Reading in with Summer Activities.
- Look for Reading Everywhere.
- Pursue Their Interests.
- Help Them Choose Books They Can’t Put Down.
What is Ireads?
iRead is a digital program designed to give children individualized experiences that will ensure they master the alphabet, phonemic awareness, phonics, and fluency, while building a vocabulary and comprehension.
How do you get free books?
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library.
- Bibles of America.
- Natural Inquirer.
- Read Conmigo.
- Barnes and Noble.
What should I read on holiday?
- Owner of a Lonely Heart. by Eva Carter.
- Soul Sisters. by Lesley Lokko.
- One Good Thing.
- Single Bald Female.
- How to Save a Life.
- The Missing Sister.
- A Very French Wedding.
- An Almost Perfect Holiday.
Is summer reading good?
Summer reading is critical, not only for helping kids maintain learning while school is out, but also for fostering social-emotional development, discovering the joy of stories, and elevating the importance of lifelong learning. Educators and parents agree summer reading matters.
How do you read 3 books in a month?
- Set realistic reading goals. Each of the past few years as part of my annual goal-setting process, I always set out to “read more”.
- Embrace the audiobook.
- Fill the gaps.
- Set aside “reading time” and guard it – this may mean less TV time!
- Learn to speed read.
How much should kids read summer?
As with many trends found in the Kids & Family Reading Report, the number of books read over the summer varies widely by age (See figure 2b): kids ages 6–8 read an average of 19 books; that number drops to nine among 9–11s, six among 12–14s and two among 15–17s.
How much time should a 4th grader spend reading?
While 15 to 20 minutes is the recommended amount of reading, it is important to note that, if your child is interested in and enjoying what she is reading, it is fine to encourage more time. However, we do not want children to become too tired.
BEST SUMMER BEACH READS l Book Recommendations.
5 great books for summer
SUMMER BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS \\ my top best reads …