- Predictably Irrational – Dan Ariely.
- Thinking, Fast and Slow – Daniel Kahneman.
- Bad science – Ben Goldacre.
- The Invisible Gorilla – Christopher Chabris and Daniel Simons.
- Influence: Science and Practice – Robert Cialdini.
What is modern day psychology?
The scientific study of the human mind and its functions, esp. those affecting behaviour in a given context. The mental characteristics or attitude of a person or group. The mental and emotional factors governing a situation or activity.
What is the goal of psychology?
So as you have learned, the four primary goals of psychology are to describe, explain, predict, and change behavior.
Who am I book psychology?
The book is a series of psychological exercises to develop self -understanding which was right up my street, but man it was intense. It covers every facet of life childhood, relationships, sex, other people, work, utopia, culture, sorrow and compassion and re-enchantment.
How can I read people’s minds?
- Start With Generational Differences. Understanding someone’s generation can give insight about how he or she thinks.
- Recognize Hot Buttons.
- Consider Personalities.
- Look for Nonverbal Communication.
- Be a Good Listener.
Can reading psychology?
These studies indicate that reading fiction can increase reader empathy, social skills, and inter-personal understandings (known as “theory of mind”). This research indicates that readers can deeply engage with characters and scenarios, giving them a better understanding of our shared humanity and common struggles.
Psychology Book Recommendations | Honest Reviews | WLB
7 Essential Psychology Books
Top 5 Psychology Books To Become Smarter