Who is the best female novelist?
- Agatha Christie (1890 – 1976)
- Harper Lee (1926 – 2016)
- Toni Morrison (1931 – 2019)
- Margaret Atwood (1939 – )
- Alice Walker (1944 – )
- Octavia E.
- J. K. Rowling (1965 – )
- Zadie Smith (1975 – )
Sappho. A archaic Greek poet from the 6th century BCE, Sappho is considered to be by many the first female writer. Not only is her work celebrated today, in antiquity she was a celebrated artist.
- William Shakespeare. Ah, The Bard.
- George Orwell. True, Orwell (whose real name was Eric Arthur Blair) isn’t everyone’s taste, especially those who do not share his views on totalitarianism.
- J.K. Rowling. Like her or not, Ms.
- Kurt Vonnegut.
- Virginia Woolf.
- Ernest Hemingway.
- William Faulkner.
- Ayn Rand.
What is the most famous book written by a woman?
- Invisible Women by Caroline Criado Perez (2019)
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle (2020)
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston (1937)
- The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes (2019)
- Luckenbooth by Jenni Fagan (2021)
- The Terrible by Yrsa Daley-Ward (2018)
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt (1992)
Why are female writers important?
Women have been a crucial part of our history. Their ideas, beliefs, thoughts, struggles and lives, in general, have shaped the contemporary world. People across the globe draw inspiration from these women whose heroic narratives are being written and read enthusiastically.
After extensive research and analysis, Zippia’s data science team found that: There are over 7,046 Authors currently employed in the United States. 50.5% of all Authors are women, while 49.5% are men.
Starting with gender and popular fiction, it’s clear that the bulk of authors were male. The difference is pretty stark, too—over 70% of the bestselling books used in this study were by male authors, while only 30% were by women authors.
Why Jane Eyre is a feminist novel?
This novel embodies the ideology of equality between a man and woman in marriage, as well as in society at large. As a feminist writer, Charlotte Bronte created this novel to support and spread the idea of an independent woman who works for herself, thinks for herself, and acts of her own accord.
Top 20 Biggest Conspiracy Theories of All Time
Top 10 Female Vocalists
The 100 Greatest Scientists of all time